So what do you get?
Dogtag for BASI has adopted the same unique benefits that were on offer with the old scheme. It’s business insurance cover designed specifically for Snowsports Professional who wish to work abroad.
How does it differ from other travel and “seasonaire” insurance?
- Personal Liability Cover: Most other ‘business’ travel products do not offer Personal Liability cover, they expect your employer to offer that and your employer’s Personal Liability cover only works while you’re working, it doesn’t work while you’re taking ‘privates’ or simply skiing recreationally. Dogtag for BASI PL cover is £2 million and it works from start to finish.
- Legal costs: In the event that you get pursued through the courts for the above, there’s money in the pot to help – up to £25k
- Emergency Medical Cover: Choose up to £10 million cover for accident or illness. Includes cover for S&R
- Personal Accident Cover: This is in addition to your Emergency Medical Cover which provides for the costs of fixing you up in hospital. Personal Accident compensates you for permanent loss of sight or loss of a limb. Up to £25k to help you rehabilitate.
What about unique BASI activities?
BASI professional are asked to do things throughout their careers which are not specifically covered by other insurance programs. In the new program you can be specific about what you want covered and leave out what you don’t need:
• BASI Instructor Teaching On Snow Or Artificial Slope • BASI Adaptive Courses • BASI Alpine Courses • BASI Alpine Courses - Eurotest • BASI Alpine Courses - Mountain Safety • BASI Coaching Courses • BASI GAP Courses • BASI Nordic • BASI Snowboard Courses • BASI Snowboard Courses - Performance Training • BASI Snowboard Courses - Mountain Safety • BASI Telemark Course •
If you want to make several sojourns to teach or just ski recreationally then you can choose an Annual Multi-trip with trip durations of up to 62 days.
However, because of changes in underwriting rules we had to adapt the way we offer cover for a season working abroad. Whereas the minimum cover available for a season was 180 days, you can now choose the exact dates that you’ll be out of the country using the Single Trip option. If you want to do the ‘endless winter’ then when you're back in Blighty, just purchase enough cover for your next stay abroad.
DOGTAG for BASI 100% Proof Travel Insurance is more than just travel insurance. Uniquely, we issue every insured person a personalised stainless steel Dogtag which could be vital in an emergency. It carries:
- 24-Hour Emergency Information - you'll always have emergency contact numbers on you when you travel.
- Your name and your unique Dogtag identity number - this means you can easily identify yourself if you need to call us and it also means you don't need to go looking for paperwork.
- Travel with added safety:
The Dogtag Emergency Web Address & Phone Number enables a medic treating you to log into your personal read-only emergency page and find important information which you have on display. This can:
- • prove you have current insurance
- • display your next of kin's contact details
- • your doctor's contact details
- • show vital medical information such as your blood type, previous medical history or current medication.
- Sport Cover: Dogtag aims to offer the clearest sports list with an easy-to-use sports selector so that you can ensure you select cover appropriate for your needs.
All of this is unique to Dogtag, it can prove vital in an emergency and it's now available to BASI members at a substantial discount.