If you need to make a claim on your policy, the claims team will make sure that your claim is dealt with efficiently and fairly, based upon the terms and conditions set out in your policy wordings.
We’ve pulled together some information below to help you through the claims process.
How To Submit a Claim
It’s really easy to start your claim and can be quickly done online, at a time that’s convenient for you.
All DOGTAG claims are handled by the underwriter, Collinson Insurance Services.
To submit a claim online, visit https://collinson.claimhere.co.uk/support/home or click here.
Alternatively, if you’d like to speak with a member of the claims team, please call 0333 005 1087 and an advisor will be able to help.
Please note: The claims team may require you to provide further information depending on the circumstances of your claim. They may also appoint a loss adjuster to discuss your claim in person. All valid claims will be settled by bank payment, minus any excess listed on your policy.
Tips and Guidelines for Submitting a Claim
When making a claim please be sure that you have followed the below steps, where necessary:
• Check the relevant policy section in your policy wording document to see if you are covered for the reason that you wish to claim for. If it appears there is no cover available then you can, of course, discuss this with the team, who may be able to support you with alternative organisations that you can approach to cover your loss. For example: airlines, tour operators and some all-risk household policies.
• Have your booking invoice which confirms your trip and travel dates to hand. If you’re making a cancellation or curtailment claim, we’ll also need your cancellation invoice.
• Checked if any additional documents are required to support your claim (for example: receipts, crime reports, cancellation invoices).
• Kept copies of all submitted information and supporting documentation after sending these in. Any original documentation may be requested by the claims team when assessing your claim.
• Kept any damaged items that are the subject of a claim. The claims team may require damaged or destroyed items to assess as part of your claim.
• Lastly, please note that all claims should be submitted as soon as possible and within 60 days of the incident taking place.