In a medical emergency, you should first contact the equivalent of the UK’s 999 for the country you are in to seek immediate help.
You should then contact the emergency medical assistance team who will guide you through what you need to do and advise how they can support you.
DOGTAG’s 24/7 emergency medical assistance line is administered by the insurer, Collinson Insurance Services.
How To Contact DOGTAG’s Emergency Medical Assistance Team:
If you require emergency medical assistance during your travels, then please call the assistance team on 0333 005 1088 and quote your policy reference number.
You will need to have some basic information for them to hand, including:
• Your telephone number and email address
• The name and age of the patient and as much information about the medical situation as possible
• The name of the hospital, the ward, the treating doctor, and any useful telephone numbers or contact details if you have them.
• The DOGTAG policy number, the date the policy was bought and the trip travel dates
• The patient’s UK GP details, name, address, and phone number (in case more information on current medical conditions and treatment is needed)
Please note: In some cases, it may be easier to pay for minor medical expenses yourself. If you don’t know whether specific medical costs will be covered, please contact the appointed assistance team on: 0333 005 1088. Remember to keep all receipts and medical reports – you’ll need them if you want to submit a claim for any medical expenses later down the line.
How DOGTAG’s Emergency Medical Assistance Team Can Help:
The team are there to help you during a medical emergency while you are abroad. They can help in a series of different ways, including:
• Multi-lingual team on call 24/7, 365 days a year to help when you need it most
• Liaising directly with hospitals on your behalf about your treatment and bills
• Arranging your repatriation back to the UK
• Making travel arrangements for other members of your party or your immediate relative
• Arranging ambulance transfer if needed, once you’re back in the UK
If You Need To Return Home Early (Curtail Your Trip)
If you need to return home early due to medical reasons, or any other reason included in your policy wording, please call the assistance team on 0333 005 1088.