DOGTAG 100% Proof Travel Insurance: more than just travel insurance. Uniquely, we issue every insured person a personalised stainless steel Dogtag which could be vital in an emergency. It carries:
- 24-Hour Emergency Information - you'll always have emergency contact numbers on you when you travel.
- Your name and your unique Dogtag identity number - this means you can easily identify yourself if you need to call us and it also means you don't need to go looking for paperwork.
- Travel with added safety:
The Dogtag Emergency Web Address & Phone Number enables, a medic treating you to log into your personal read-only emergency page and find important information which you have on display. This can:
- • prove you have current insurance
- • display your next of kin's contact details
- • your doctor's contact details
- • show vital medical information such as your blood type, previous medical history or current medication.
- Sport Cover: Dogtag aims to offer the clearest sports list with an easy-to-use sports selector so that you can ensure you select cover appropriate for your needs.
All of this is unique to Dogtag and it can prove vital in an emergency.
Everything you need to know about Dogtag
DOGTAG® is a registered trademark and trading style of Dogtag Ltd. We sell travel insurance. Our Registered Office is 167-169 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5PF (Co. Reg. No 3886668) and our Business Address is Travel Insurance Facilities plc, PO Box 385, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 9AN.
100% Proof Travel Insurance refers to the functionality of the Dogtag-based Proof and Medical Emergencies system and is in addition to your contract of insurance which is subject to the Policy Terms and Conditions as described in the Policy Details document.
Check below for more information on how the tag system works.
*100% Proof Travel Insurance refers to the functionality of the Dogtag, tag-based Proof and Medical Emergencies system and does not form part of your contract of insurance which is subject to the Policy Terms and Conditions as described in the Policy Details document.
So how does the 100% system work?
When you travel abroad, you may be in a country whose standards differ from those in the UK. Foreign clinics in other countries (even EU countries) want to know that they are going to get paid for treating you BEFORE they treat you. With Dogtag you can prove you're insured. You simply wear your stainless steel Dogtag around your neck; let's face it, you won't be going surfing with your insurance documents tucked into your cozzie, and the web-based verification system quickly proves to a foreign medic that you are insured. If he's still not convinced then our contact details are on your tag and your own Emergency web page. Time is crucial, and take it from us, foreign clinics WILL want to know you are covered before they start any treatment: it happened to us, it's why we invented DOGTAG.
Your stainless steel Dogtag is laser engraved with your Name, your Personal Tag number and the Dogtag emergency phone number and web address. By accessing your Medical information Page a medic or other privileged person can view a read-only page with details about the currency of your insurance cover. They can also view any relevant medical information you choose to make available. See below for more information.
By using your membership log-in and password, you can access your Medical Information file and enter details that you think may be useful to a medic in the event of an emergency.
We sought the advice of the British Association of Paramedics in drawing up the table of information that medics would most likely want to see in the case of an emergency. When you log in, you get full read/write access to your file. A medic, using your Dogtag will be able to see a read-only version of the information you choose to display. This information might included such things as your blood type, any medication you're on or allergies. You can also display your next of kin. Of course, your Dogtag is needed to access this information so wear it at all times when you're travelling.
As sportsmen (skiers, divers, climbers) the founders of Dogtag were well aware that with ordinary travel insurance, it's just about impossible for you to find out what you're actually insured to do. It's all buried in the small print - if it's there at all. If you're an active, sports-oriented person it's more than likely you'll be going on holiday specifically to take part in your favourite sport or, if you're just putting your feet up, you'll be tempted by the chance to try something you've never tried before. In either case, you need to be able to check that you're insured to do it.
All you have to do is go on line and check your sport cover level (Sport, Sport+ or Extreme) and check it against the Sports list to see if you're covered. If you're not covered for the sport you want to try don't worry, just get in touch and we can upgrade your cover.
Your Dogtag policy automatically covers you as standard for a huge list of sports. Check the Sports List, you'll see that the list is truly extensive. The standard Sport level of Dogtag covers a host of other sports as standard. Of course, some sports are riskier than others but we do still cover them - it's why we have higher levels of cover: Sport+, Extreme and Extreme+
And when you go for a quote, all you have to do is type in your sport and the system will automatically select the correct cover level for you.
Dogtag insurance will help arrange and pay up to £250 for the following to do with your journey:
- When your normal banking arrangements are not available locally, we will arrange the necessary transfer of emergency funds of up to £500 to you, if you have given us authority to use and the details of the credit, debit or charge card or bank account where funds should be transferred from.
- transfer up to three urgent messages to friends or relatives in your home country, to notify them of any death, injury or illness suffered during your journey or if your return has been delayed.
- advise on replacing lost or stolen travel tickets, passports and visas and provide you with appropriate contact details and local offices.
- provide information prior to your trip on current visa and entry permits required and appropriate Embassy or Consulate contacts, inoculations, vaccinations and World Health Organisation warnings of the countries you are visiting, local climate, language, time differences, banking hours, public holidays, motoring restrictions, regulations and insurance requirements, local medical and dental facilities in your destination.
- contact (but not pay for) appropriate tradesman to carry out emergency repairs to the following, if there is a leak or failure at your home while you are on your journey of the plumbing, drainage, central heating system, gas or electricity supply as well as for emergency repairs to the roof, doors or windows to make your home secure following burglary, fire or storm damage
As you can see above, along with your Dogtag, you get Dogtag Medical Information system, you get proof of insurance, you get an emergency medical file. In fact, there's a long list of extras DOGTAG provide:
- Stainless Steel Dogtag
- Proof of Insurance
- Emergency Information Page
- Dogtag Travel Pack
Whether you're single, a couple or a family, with Dogtag you'll want to keep your travel insurance kit together so we provide a travel pack to help keep your travel insurance and other documents in travel-ready condition. Your Dogtag Travel travel pack contains your Dogtags (of course) and your travel insurance certificate.